30 December 2011

Three-Play

In honor of BYU's three consecutive bowl wins (not really, but it fits), I am going to post the first three music videos I remember seeing in a house. When we went roller skating in first and second grades, they would lower an enormous screen and we would watch Michael Jackson, Madonna, The Oak Ridge Boys, and my personal favorites: Van Halen's "Jump" and Weird Al's "Eat It." However, I'm not going to post links to those beauties, although feel free to pursue them on your own.

My first exposure to music videos that I remember watching in a home--not in a public place--was MJ's "Thriller." My dad brought it home from the video store, along with the VCR, pizza, and root beer. It was awesome! Plus it gave my little brothers nightmares for weeks.

I was living in Vegas and my friend had MTV--not a chance in my house. The next two videos were Run DMC's "You Talk Too Much" and A-Ha's "Take On Me"--an eclectic mix, I know, but that's what I saw before we turned on the Atari. Enjoy a small shot of my music video history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.