01 December 2011

New December Challenge

So, inspired by my last post, which just happened to be yesterday (Yes, I know it's hard to believe that I've posted two days in a row, but shut up and let me finish), and my relaxation technique today, I thought up a new challenge for this December. Those of you who are still disappointed in last December's posting are probably going to be disappointed again, but hear me out. Last year, as penance for not posting in the month of November, I wrote each day about something for which I was thankful. (Notice my old school sentence that ends not with a preposition.)

This year, I'm going to post a music video every day that reflects my general mood or some important aspect of my comings and goings. No, it's not going to be Christmas themed either. Bah! Humbug! That's not to say that I won't post anything Christmasy once or twice, but don't expect it.

So today's number is a reaction to yesterday's "Loser" post. In an effort to shake off this stigma which was brought about by mucho estress of doctoral work and no sleep from dealing with a little sick dude, I popped in a Bob Marley CD for my drive to class to relax, and it worked. Sure "Three Little Birds" also reminded me of Will Smith in I Am Legend, but it helped take the edge off this afternoon.

So, there. Enjoy. Mock. Whatever.

P.S. For those who are link-challenged, click on the name of the song. Yes, this hint is for you.

P.P.S. Today, I'm also endorsing Lay's Kettle Cooked Creamy Mediterranean Herb chips. They remind me of some patatas fritas I had in Spain, but I don't remember what they are called. All my Andalusian friends, help a fella out, will ya?


P.P.P.S. I know the video is cheesy, but non-cheese isn't a requirement for this blog. Not being cute is. (Anybody know how to do an emoticon that sticks its tongue out at you?)Link

1 comment:

  1. I almost snatched one of those chips last night. Did ya see me eyein' them? Honestly, I thought you were out of your mind when you said you were going to write a novel this month. 1. I don't know how anyone can write a novel, anytime. 2. I don't know how anyone can write a novel and have another full-time job. 3. I don't know how anyone can write a novel in a month, even if they didn't have a full-time job. 4. I don't know how anyone can write a novel in a month and turn his research papers in on time. Oh. Wait. Not a problem. Congratulations on writing 50,000 words in a month and reading thousands more.

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.