11 December 2011

"Just Breathe"

I'm not sure why this has stuck with me today. Sometimes we all need to pause and breathe and appreciate the fact we we have breath in us. It's the small and simple things in life that really make all the hustle and bustle (to use a Christmas cliche) worth it. Tonight I challenge everyone to take a few moments to just breathe. Spend a few moments to write down the blessings in your life. And don't be generic; be specific. For example, you can't just say that you are thankful for your family. Rather share something like I am thankful that my four-year-old still buries her face in my chest when she's tired. and her blond hairs stick to my shirt and remind me of her when I find them later. That's what I'm talking about.

(See also Pearl Jam's "Black.")

P.S. It takes more than both hands and feet to count the ones I love.

1 comment:

  1. I watched PJ 20, the documentary about Pearl Jam, last night. It was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.