02 December 2011

Liar, Liar (Mentiroso)!

No my pants are not on fire. Sure, I said not to expect any Christmas stuff in my video posts. However, I had a great online interchange with some companeros from my time in Spain. The discussion revolved around food, but, well, this one is for you guys: "Los Peces en el Rio." I do warn you, however, that I couldn't find an awesome gitano (gypsy) version with a video, so I picked this one. It's sort of a sick, wannabe Disney Channelesque take with a teeny-bopper twist. Watch/listen at your own risk.

That said, who can think of anything more Christmassy than watching drinking fish?To explain, it was either that or a version of Ernie's "Rubber Ducky" song. Kent and I covered it with lyrics describing our favorite pollo asado (roasted chicken) eatery located in the small town of Andujar: Super Pollo!

So, Christmas or Sesame Street? It was a hard decision today. Don;t judge me too harshly. If you are kind, I might make a tortilla espanola for you. Maybe. If you are patient, I might dig up the lyrics to the Super Pollo song, too, and post the Ernie video later.

P.S. If anyone does find a good gitano rendition, please let me know ASAP.

P.S. If anyone can teach me how to include the tildes, etc. when I write in Espanish, I would appreciate that as well.

P.P.S. Anybody know where I can get some good chorizo (besides Spain)?

P.P.P.S. Oh, heck. Here's the "Rubber Ducky" video. Consider it a two-fer tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Well, it's not gitano, but it's a little more flamenco than the one you have:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdUohI1-Qsg
    The only way I know to use tildes and accents is to cut and paste from word, but I bet those with a little more programming knowledge could give you a better way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried buying from latienda.com? I believe their chorizo is made here, but it's made from a Spanish recipe with Spanish spices. I've never had it, but it might be good.

    And a gitano "Los Peces" is really the only way to go. Maybe we should make our OWN music video? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever learn how to type ñ and so forth? If not, you might want to reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XML_and_HTML_character_entity_references

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.