08 December 2011

Funeral for Fall '11

Well, as this semester passes away, and all the memories fade into oblivion, I call upon the powers of Boyz II Men to put it to bed. And in a somewhat facetious, somewhat sarcastic (with a hint of bittersweet) tone, I am not really sad to see it die. I repeat that I have acquired vast amounts of knowledge, but most of it has been internal. Despite the procrastination and falling behind, I've grown.

I don't want to draw out the sappiness, even though it is halfhearted; but regardless of the fact that this song meant more in 9th grade than it does now, it still fits for today. Just one more final reflection to endure. Maybe I'll kill it off tonight...with a large cleaver. Or maybe I'll just bash it with my fists. Wow, I'm violent tonight!

"It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday" in more ways than one. But tomorrow, I'll be a new man...with a new set of pressures and stresses. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.