04 December 2011

Humility

So, I was all set to post a video that kind of summed up my spiritual Sunday. Yeah, I'm gonna get a little preachy on you. Bear with me. I had a few humbling experiences at church and at home--the kind that help you refocus and all. So big, bad me was going to post a video of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performing Hymn #130 "Be Thou Humble" because it was exactly what I wanted. However, there is no good video out there unless you want to watch an entire session of General Conference. Not a bad idea, but you can do that on your own time. The link above is to the lyrics and an mp3 of the hymn, though.

So, learning yet another lesson in humility tonight, I decided to post the Christmas Message from the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which also touched me this evening. This link is actual to a set-up menu where you can choose the language and the medium you wish to use. There are also some other really cool videos you could link to by going back to the lds.org homepage. And because I'm such a moron, you'll have to forward the video to about 56:00 of the 2 hour deal to get the right starting spot. Sorry.

Yes, I know it's another Christmas one, but what do you expect this time of year? Anybody wanna help me finish off this piece of humble pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.