07 December 2012

(Americanized) Southwestern Style!

Yeah, I'm late again.  That's what happens when you Christmas shop online.  But anyway, back to the food stuffs.  Today, I'm going to share some good ol' comfort food for those in our house: taco salad.  It's a quick, easy meal that everybody loves.  It's full of stackable and mixable awesomeness, and the kids can be a little picky if they need to.
This version contains seasoned beef, refried beans, tomatoes, lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, green taco sauce, corn, guacamole, sour cream all on a bed of tortilla chips.  I also like to throw on olives, jalapenos, salsa, or other trimmings every once in a while.  You can even experiment with different kinds of meat.  Pork is excellent!  That recipe will come later.

Be careful.  With this plate, it's always easy to eat too much and bloat yourself like a pinata.

2 comments:

  1. Joe -

    Suggestion for an upcoming blog post, do you have a good veggie dish? You know cater to the vegetarians out here in Lala land! 😎

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.