17 December 2012

Up in Your Grill

Yes, it's the 17th of December and I'm still grilling.  I actually grilled on Saturday night, too.  There is no bad time or weather to grill in/through.  The day before yesterday the kids wanted tube steaks (hot dogs), so today I decided that I needed some real steaks.  So I grabbed a few different cuts and drown them in the marinade for about 20 hours.

Now, I'm not a marinade snob--I'm pretty versatile when it comes to the marinade--although, I am a stickler about letting the juices stew for quite a while before the meat is cooked. This batch soaked in the Grillmates rendition of "Backyard Brew."  When I grill for large groups as I am sometimes asked to do, I like to provide plenty of variety, so I'll mix and match and every once in a while just make up my own.  But that doesn't happen too often.  Every summer the young men in our ward get together for a steak preparation/missionary preparation metaphor BBQ.  It's pretty cool as I liken the boys unto raw meat.  They could serve a mission raw and provide a tasty meal.  However, aren't all missionaries and steaks so much better is they are well seasoned and tenderized before they start?  The better prepared the missionary, the more effect he is.  The better prepared the steak, the more delicious it is.  Call if you want to book a party.  My rates are usually pretty cheap.

Tonight, though, I kept it simple.  So, please make sure that you grill responsibly.  Friends don't let friends grill poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.