12 December 2012

Kickin' It Old School

Even before I made it to old school, I dug a good ol' PB & J, especially the way my mom "gobbed on" (her words not mine) the jelly.  So, today's comfort food is exactly what I ordered whenever I needed a good taste of home.  It's even better now, though because it comes on Amy's homemade bread. (See also"Man Cannot Live By Bread Alone..." on December 2, 2012). 

It really doesn't matter which brand or type of peanut buttery goodness you use--creamy or chunky--as long as it isn't super greasy or powdery.  By the way, MRE peanut butter is better used as a tank lubricant.  Just saying.  And the jelly is also a matter of personal preference.  My favorite is grape, but I'll go for whatever is in the fridge (raspberry is a close second, and is pictured in today's version--homemade, of course).
This peanut butter and raspberry sandwich is a part of this balanced meal.

There isn't a time of day that a peanut butter sammich doesn't fit, especially if you are a starving student.  I remember nights where I would make an entire loaf of generic store-brand bread into a mountain of brain food.  They've provided breakfast a time or thirteen as well.  And a paper or two may or may not have been turned in with a hint of grape or strawberry.

Yep...always a kid at heart.  And even though my tastes have matured over the years, nothing tops one of these delicious sandwiches, especially when the jelly squishes through the bread after you have sat on your lunch on the bus ride to school.  Just kidding.  But seriously, milk is a must.

P.S.  I never said all my food posts would require intense kitchen action, I just said that these foods make me happy.  And if a kid gorging a PB&J isn't happiness, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.