01 December 2012

Food (That) Makes Me Happy!

Happy December.  It's only the first day of the month, and I've already almost missed my new gig.  Yeah, the one I've been proud of planning ahead for.  We're just not going to go there.  Again, I will beg you, for the sake of those around you, and those who will come after you, do NOT lick the screen.  It's only an image.

To start of our adventure in palatable pleasures, I thought we'd start with a breakfast.  I call this one my Wicked Awesome Egg Sandwich.


The ingredients for this morning mouthful include two fried eggs seasoned with black pepper, onion powder, crashed red pepper, and Cholula hot sauce.  They were blended with cheddar, pepper jack, and mozzarella cheeses, fresh green and red bell peppers, thick sliced tomatoes, and (of course) six slices of hickory smoked bacon.  Note: there is also bacon next to the sandwich on the paper plate and orange juice.  All this pure a.m. awesomeness is compressed between two toasted whole wheat bagels slathered with mayonnaise and spicy brown mustard.

Variations on the egg sandwich theme are a favorite among my three oldest children.  They occur about once a week--some results are more elaborate than others.  It just depends on what's left in the fridge.

Warning: In order to eat the wicked awesome egg sandwich, you may have to unhinge your jaw like a python trying to swallow a deer.  Do not attempt when trying to stay clean or presentable.  Messes will occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.