06 December 2012

C is for Cookie

That's good enough for me.  And it's probably what I'll get in my statistics class.  For those who hadn't heard, these are my victory cookies.  Tonight was the last shred of participation in my statistics class.  And to celebrate, I'm sharing my (or rather Amy's) cookies with you.  There's nothing like cookies and milk.  Just ask any kindergartner after school.  But because last night's post went over the midnight wire, and I'm up against it again, I'll be brief.  These cookies are awesomely yummy.  In the words of my good friend, Cookie Monster, "Om-nom-nom-nom-nom-nom!"

Just add milk.




Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 ½ c. shortening                                       4 c. four
1 ½ c. sugar                                                 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 ½ c. brown sugar                                   1 ½ tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. milk                                                 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. vanilla                                                3 c. oats
3 eggs                                                           2 c. chocolate chips


Cream shortening and sugars.  Blend in eggs, vanilla and milk.  Add dry ingredients and beat until smooth.  Add oats and mix well.  Add chocolate chips.  Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.

** I like to use semisweet chocolate chips and do 2 c. white flour and 2 c. wheat flour.  I think it makes about 4 dozen cookies.  Enjoy!

Amy got this recipe from her sister Laura.  She makes good cookies, too.

P.S.  I'm eating some right now.

1 comment:

  1. Sesame Street references always send me straight back to high school...weird.

    That cookie sure does look good. Ah, but it takes energy to make them and I am fresh out of energy!

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.