21 December 2010

Snow!

So, after I spent the early morning digging out from under (at least) 18 inches of snow, and arriving at work late, school was canceled. Apparently, this is the first snow day Nebo School District has taken in 25 years. What a Christmas present!

I am thankful for the superintendent and his decision that allowed me to play in the drifts with my family, gave me a sore back, and created Freddy the Snowman and his baby Diamond the Snowbaby. (For some bizarre reason it tickled my funny bone like Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby.) Everyone but Sam got in on a little snow action. Zac also learned that it's not wise to upset a snow-shovel wielding wookie. He also learned how to inadvertently fly off jumps and land on his backside while sledding.

I am thankful that snowball fights are something my kids are going to remember, even if they NEVER beat their dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.