31 December 2010

The Fat Lady Belts it Out

The final few minutes are ticking away and my kids are ornery, tired, and yelling at each other as they struggle to stay awake until to midnight. They're also Wii-ing and coming within fractions of inches of nailing each other and the TV with the controls. Ah, sibling rivalry.

There are plenty of things that I could blog about to fill this last post of the year. For instance, I could be thankful that my upstairs toilet flooded a few years ago. Why? Because my dad was able to help me fix it, and today I was able to fix the downstairs one by myself. And I didn't even learn any new plumbing words! Or use some of the ones I learned last time. Heh-heh.

I could be thankful for ward clerks who save me hours of time because they know how to do their job.

I could be thankful that I didn't slide off the road like those dozens of other cool 4x4 off-roading idiots.

I could be thankful for a new niece.

I could be thankful that this New Year's mayhem only comes once a year.

Without a doubt I could be thankful that this is the last of my penance posts.

However, what I am most thankful for right now is the fact that for the past thirty-one days, I have done a little writing for me. It's just a start, and IO hope it will grow. Even though I'm not going to post every night for the whole world to see--okay, the three of you who waste your time on this site--I'm going to keep writing. I'll probably revisit the goals I've set, especially for writing. I know I need to make the time. All my writer friends say so, so I guess it must be true. (Just like the Internet!)

I'm also thankful for Amy and her support as I pursue my degree, as I "fix" toilets, and As I write and do all of those other geeky things I do. She definitely wins "Mama of the Year" in my book.

So, yeah. I guess this is it...or is it? (I hate that ending, especially when students use it in their fiction.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.