24 December 2010

Christmas Eve

I am thankful I am not a last-second shopper. Instead of rushing in a frenzy through the mall or standing in line with the rest of the freaks at Wal-Mart, I was able to enjoy a great day with my spastic kids. We continued our Noche Buena tradition with a trip to the movies. The kids loved Tangled; even Sam liked his experience on the FRONT ROW! Sidenote: I have a crick in my neck. We then continued on the the Brick Oven, where all five kids ate well (Christmas miracle), and despite my food arriving after everyone else was finishing, it was quite delectable. The Christmas "pageant" with the Smiths was complete with a several giggling wise guys (Zac, et al), a bashful angel (Brook), and a Mary (Ally) who enjoyed snuggling into Joseph (cousin Skyler). Finally, the Christmas jammies and slippers appeared, and it was all I could do to hasten the sugar plums' visit. Tomorrow we'll see what the fat man brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.