09 December 2010

Plastic, Please

Today, I am grateful for plastic bowls and kids who know how to use them in the middle of the night. It sure beats scrubbing sheets and pillowcases and scalps and who knows what else before the butt crack of dawn.

Two weeks ago, during my USU seminar, the presenter asked us to freewrite our attitudes and feelings about writing in general. Guess what I likened writing unto? Yep. My 7th grade mentality took over and promptly constructed the metaphor of vomiting to the act of writing. I'd go into it more right now, but I'm supposed to be writing some research thingy, and I believe I hear someone moaning downstairs. Good thing they all have plastic bowls at the ready. I'll post about the puke images later...when I have more time.... Now, if I could only get the smell out of my nose.

1 comment:

  1. Fabreeze my friend. Works waaaaay better than Glade. Worth the exra bucks.

    Your writing still makes me laugh out loud. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.