05 December 2010

"Kissing Books"

So I was reading Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones with my lightsaber obsessed eight-year-old tonight, and we came to the part where Anakin gives in to the mushy side (not of the Force) and starts smoochin' on Padme. Zac giggled at first, but as it went on and got smoochier, he started making some pretty decent vomiting sounds. I had to pull his finger from his mouth because I, for one, did not want him to actually blow breakfast burrito chunks on his blankets. Immediately, I though of Fred Savage's performance on The Princess Bride: "Is this a kissing book?"

(To be read in the voice of Strong Bad): Needless to say, I am thankful for kissing books, which my son and I can shun together, even though some of them have some pretty cool fight scenes and car chases and explosions and outer space and sharks and more explosions and ninjas and pirates and even bigger explosions and zombies and sports and gigantic explosions and....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.