06 December 2010

I've Got Time

Now, if you'll notice that today is the 6th of December, and yet I am tied for the most entries for a single month this year (with six). Am I awesome, or what? For those of you who answered "what," may your fingers fall off as you are scrolling down and be eaten by a pack of wandering zombies.

I owe all this writing, uninspiring as it may be, to time. Today I am thankful to Amy for giving me the time to write. She was home sick with the five-ring circus, and I was able to stay at school and write my final paper for a class. Yes, most of what I write over the next few years will hopefully draw me closer to that elusive title of Doctor Anson. Now, being Master Anson isn't all that bad. It wasn't much of a change for my students, though. They've always called me master. It might have something to do with a certain Sith affiliation.

Still, I am thankful for the time I have had to write, even if it wasn't super enjoyable; I will say that it was good to gather my thoughts and reflect. Lilke the awesome Mr. Incredible believes, "I've got time." That is, as long as I make it. Perhaps soon I'll be able to write something else. Yesterday I noticed that aside form my smattering of haiku, I haven't written any poetry lately. Tragic. Not black turtleneck or coffeehouse tragic, mind you; just plain old word loss tragic. I'll have to remedy that. Anyone seen a muse floating around nearby?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.