19 December 2010

Christmas Thought

Today I am going to be somewhat sentimental. I am thankful for a moment to pause and reflect about Christmas through the seasonal hymns. And I encourage everyone else to take a private moment for themselves and the simplistic beauty they contain. Tonight I call upon the third verse of "O Little Town of Bethlehem" for my inspiration:

How silently, how silently
The wondrous gift is giv’n!
So God imparts to human hearts
The blessings of his heav’n.
No ear may hear his coming;
But in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive him, still
The dear Christ enters in.

Text: Phillips Brooks, 1835–1893

Music: Lewis H. Redner, 1831–1908

1 comment:

  1. Poetic. I love when December rolls around so we can sing Christmas carols all the time and no one gives you a weird look.

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.