16 December 2010

Can't Get Rid of Me That Easily

I think I spoke too soon last night. At approximately 6:20 this morning I completed the cycle and paid my obeisance to the porcelain goddess. It hit me with such a punch that I was literally brought to my knees. I haven't felt so sick since I lost an appendix. Now, I've been able to keep everything down that I've eaten, which is a whopping two saltines and a glass and a half of orange-flavored Powerade. Scrumptious!

While I was in my vomit-induced stupor today, we also had furnace troubles. Today, I am thankful for good, honest heating and A/C servicemen. Tom was probably the only repairman we've had who hasn't tried to con us into buying a new furnace or anything that would cost us thousand of extra dollars. If anyone needs an honest repairman, let me know. I'd be glad to give you his number.

Instead of puking in a freezing house, I can stew in warmth and sickness (but I am feeling much better).

1 comment:

  1. Got hit with something recently myself that left me worshipping the porcelain god for a total of 14 hours. After an episode I would crawl back to the couch. The one good thing was that it prevented me from having to go see my in-laws.

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.