20 October 2009

Sudden Slayer Snuffing

This was an alliterative exercise during the Central Utah Writing Project this summer. The goal was to create a paragraph/story using the same sound as much as possible:

The somewhat psychotic slayer slipped silently onto the sad scene. Surreptitiously, she spied the sortie of zombies sipping and slurping slimy substances from something, or someone recently smothered and smashed and squished.

Suddenly, she shouted. “Stop, you spleen suckers!” Screaming sadistically, she sent a smattering of shotgun shells into their subhuman skulls.

Stunned for a second, the simple, slobbering subjects smiled stupidly. Sammy the Slayer shortly shrieked in shock then slumped slowly. Someone, or something, had circled, sneaked up, seized, and strangled her.

Suppertime!

1 comment:

  1. Simply sumptuous! Saying it was a singular experience, a satisfying symphony of sound and sense, scarcely does it justice. Suddenly, I am besotted with the suggestion that I too must satisfy myself and write something. I will suspend activities otherwise worthless, fruitless, or selfish. My secretary sits in the corner; sheaves await the scratching of a inspired student.

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.