20 October 2009

"Death to Emo"

“Death to Emo”

Take your over-clichéd,
tear stained,
eye liner streaked,
grief ridden,
sucks-to-be-me
excuses
for poems
from the stone-washed,
trash tossed,
shadow skinny
girl pants, and
bleed
the gothic ink
stains and
wannabe
angst
through the bent
wire mesh condenser
drenched in two-
day old saliva
and evidence of
non-existent
Right Guard;
and dump the malice
into a lonely
metal dustbin
where it belongs,
and douse it with
kerosene
before striking
the soul-emancipating
match.

*I wrote this while observing a particular group of "misunderstood" students interacting with their parental units at a parent-teacher conference.

1 comment:

  1. People try their hardest to fit in... even if it means boys wearing women's pants and wearing Second Hand Serenade shirts and telling the whole world whey they suck as a human being. It's amazing how powerful the need to fit in is. Great little piece there. I like it!

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.