21 October 2009

"Duncan"

Here's a little one-minute story I wrote as a high school senior:

It never should have happened. He never had a chance! I mean, he didn’t even see it coming. Some things in life just aren’t fair.

There we were, minding our own business on that glorious April morning. The air was cool; the daisies stood ever so perfectly in the long, green meadow. Nothing could have been more tranquil.

All of a sudden I looked up.

“Look out!” I wailed, but it was too late.

I miss Duncan. I wish it had been me instead of him. But no, the flyswatter had to get my best friend, my brother. May he forever rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.