20 October 2009

"For Zachary"

“For Zachary”

Not even
the crack-sing-smack-sting-
barehanded snag of a foul ball
while balancing a foot-long
with yellow mustard, onions
and sweet pickle relish,

nor the
sky-slash-earth-crash-
explosion of light and adrenaline
while lightning’s intensity charges each arm hair
through the double-paned window drizzle
and safety of four walls,

nor the
sit-back-deep-black-
deep thought expanse of infinite stars
while a dying fire toasts backsides
like perfectly golden marshmallows
slipped between grahams

is worth experiencing
without a son to pass it on.



*This is just a piece I put together based on vivid images from a dream and a few sounds that stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.