31 October 2012

Nothing Special...Just Halloween

Since I need a break today, and I need to post before tomorrow so I can beat the record for number of posts on my blog in a month this year, you get this.  It's nothing special (as indicated by the title).  The other day my student teacher had the students write how-to paragraphs...looking for topic sentences, supporting details, transitions, etc.  Quite a few didn't know what to do, so I quickly penned this draft of roughness on the whiteboard.  Besides, it fits the season.



Zombie Attack Instructions (Bat Style)
                When attempting to slay a zombie, you must first possess the correct equipment.  Traditionally, shotguns, machetes, or axes have been used; however, any weapon with the power to sever the tie between brain and spine will suffice.  A Louisville Slugger is my personal preference. When you are ready, and the target is within striking distance, you must swing with the intent to dislodge the head from the soldiers.  Watch the bat rush through the target.  Follow through with both hands firmly attached to the bat so you do not lose your weapon and so you are ready to inflict either a counterblow or an initial strike the next zombie.  Be careful not to hitch or loop your swing as it will overexpose your flank to a side attack.  Short, compact swings work more effectively than wild tomahawk or golf swings.  Once your perimeter has been breached, though, and you are about to be overwhelmed, run.

I'd appreciate if somebody else continued the series, addressing the proper handling of other apocalypse-containment weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.