08 October 2012

Conference Plugs

Despite not being on my A-game for my presentation, the UCTE annual conference turned out well.  I'm going to use parts of it later in various premeditated posts, but as I am simply rambling right now and building up to a shameless plug, I'm going to leave the details for later.  However, if you missed out on the wonderful keynotes by Francisco Stork, Teri Lesesne, Shannon Hale, and Taylor Mali, I'm sorry.  I will say that all of them just upped their book sales, though.  I believe most of the break-out sessions will soon be available on the UCTE site, but I don't know when that will be or who will have access.  Try it, though.  You never know what gems you might find.  I would suggest skipping mine, though.  There are several technical difficulties to be ignored.  I recommend just reading the article.  (See earlier posts.)

If you want some good professional development--Englishly speaking, or course--join me at the CUWP min-conference on October 27th at BYU (9-12 a.m.).  It's cheap and worth your time. See the CUWP site for more details.  I am going to present a session with Chris Thompson about how to help students discover/develop their own voice through found poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.