21 December 2013

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

            Yesterday I “liked” a Facebook page for Poor Boys BBQ & Dawgs, a most excellent joint here in Payson.  Unfortunately, it’s going out of business next week.  I almost cried when I found out.  To be honest, I haven’t eaten there as much as I should have.  However, over this past week, we feasted on their pulled pork and beef brisket as a Young Men’s group on Wednesday.  Then yesterday, as I was getting ready to come home from school (for Christmas Break!), Amy suggested that we order Poor Boys and take it to my parents for dinner.  I did not object.  I just got stuffed again.  (Burp.)
            Now, getting back on track, because I “liked” the FB page on Free Food Friday, I won a free sandwich next week.  I almost cried again.  Not really, but I drooled a little.
            And that caused me, along with a little prodding from my lovely wife, who is grading beside me right now, to think about other things I have won.  And really, it hasn’t been much.  I don’t win raffles, drawings, or really anything—that is, unless there is a prize for everyone playing.
            So here is the list I came up with:
-       - -Last year I won a FB contest from BYU TV: two basketball tickets, a signed team ball, and a tour of the BYU TV studios.
-       - -A few years ago I won a pair of shoes in a drawing at school.
-       - -Several years ago, I was caller number ten on the radio: CD
-       -- As a freshman at Ricks I was a call-in winner to a radio station: CD & BBQ wings
That’s all I can really remember.  It’s not too much, and that’s okay.  It was still something.
            Amy has a better story about contests, so I’ll let her guest blog either later today or tomorrow.

            For now, I'll just dream of which sauce to put on my sandwich.

2 comments:

  1. I hope her story is the one about the GI joes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember that about thirteen years ago, I was dragged to a technology convention by a colleague. The conference put me to sleep, but I won a scanner as a door prize. My companion only received a little, and I mean elementary school girl little, consolation backpack.

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.