25 March 2010

Diamante

My students teacher is helping the kids write diamante poems. So, naturally I had to do one, too.

pain
sharp, icy
piercing, smothering, numbing
it hurts so good
soothing, spreading, smoldering
ardent, pacific
relief


Try one of these if you need a little exercise to get you going. The first line is your topic. The second line contains two adjectives that describe the topic. The third line uses three verbs that end in -ing. The fourth line is a bridge between the topic and its opposite (the last line). It could be an oxymoron, or a phrase that describes both lines one and seven. Then work backwards toward the opposite (last line), following the same pattern.

Post one or two for fun. Maybe I'll send out prizes (since no one has taken me up on the last contest).

Any suggestions on a title? I was thinking of "Muscle Relaxant" or something.


Also, can anyone help me with learning how to center this diamante? I haven't figured how to do that on the blog yet. Doh!

1 comment:

  1. In honor of my first comment on this blog (I think) I have taken your challange...remember you asked for it! LOL

    JOE
    quirky, funny
    learning, teaching, blogging
    never will grow up
    laughing, T-P-ing, thawaping
    smelly, loud
    DORK


    There, what do you think of that? And if the computer would have let me write the "K" in dork backwards I would have.

    PS- to center writing just highlight what you want centered then click on the little line symbol (above the area that you are writing in) that means centering. Unless of course you mean you want all of the lines to be allined on the left but put in the center together...I don't think you can do that.

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.