08 February 2013

Don't Hold Your Breath

By my calculations, I left you hanging with four undelivered food posts from December.  As a peace offering in my attempts to make good, I am posting today about some dadgumlicious pork chops I made the other day.  They were so awesome that I didn't even take a picture of them when I ate them.  I had to wait and capture the leftovers.  The subtlety of the garlic was even better after they hung out in the fridge overnight.
Chops with rice, gravy, and apple slices.

Ingredients for the breading include crushed Ritz crackers, Parmesan cheese, a healthy helping of garlic powder, sage, and a touch of salt.  Smear the chops in plain yogurt before coating.  These are single-coated, but I've been known to double coat as well.  Some of you might remember that crazy P-day/transfer day where our apartment in Jerez turned into pork chop central for everybody passing through.  Dang, those were scrumptious!

The gravy is cream of mushroom soup and sour cream--nice and thick.

These were baked, but frying is good, too, just not as healthy.

So, there. One down, three to go. Don't expect them at any regular intervals.  I'm trying to be a little healthier and lower my sugar intake.  We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you this week when I made stuffed peppers. I wish we lived closer to enjoy your re-creations of stuff we ate in Spain, American or Spanish. Or Russian. For Ensalada Rusa. Wait, why is it called that?

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.