15 November 2012

Failure Update

So...as most of you would have predicted, the NaNoWriMo is not going well again this year.  On the four days that I've actually been able to work on the novel, though I have over 7000 words. That, in and of itself isn't too bad.  And, yes, I am going to make lame excuses.  You see, I am still writing, just not on the novel.  My stats class and my independent study course revision are kicking my butt.

If I totaled up all the writing I have been doing in other places, just like last year, I'm just about on track.  In fact, I have probably gone beyond my suggested pacing: 25,000 words (since we're half way through the month.

Cool fact: Last week when I came home from class, Amy was alone in the kitchen washing dishes.  Normally, the five-ring circus monkeys are hanging from the rafters, flinging poo, and howling and all that fun metaphorical nonsense.  It was bedtime, after all.  So I went to check on the surreal quietness.  The youngest and oldest were quietly reading on the couch in the living room.  The other three were in their beds (huh? at 7:30?) writing stories!  Makes a geeky English teacher proud!

Weird coincidence: Zac's story is about a protagonist named Ben who meets another character named Jack.  My protagonist's name is Ben, and his father (one of his antagonists) is named Jack.  Cue Twilight Zone theme music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.