10 September 2015

Another Biopoem

A fairly common exercise in language arts classrooms is the biopoem. It allows the reader to see a little of the self-image of the writer, and it comes in many forms. Here is one that I did alongside my students this week. Thanks to all those who helped me with my adjectival troubles.

Joseph
sagacious, calm, steady, bibliophilic
father of five incredible circus monkeys; husband to my perfect compliment
lover of words, grilled mammal flesh, and sports
who feels hungry, exhausted, and overwhelmed
who needs fries with that, extra napkins, and to go beyond the recipe
who fears apathy, complacency, and failure
who gives hope, feedback, and opportunity
who would like to see the rethinking of education, the demise of cheaters, and the end of the designated hitter
resident of Earth
Anson


No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.