22 September 2013

Joe's Ribs

I've been hanging onto these photos for a little while, so I suppose it's time to share.  I was looking for something to grill, and I was getting tired of burgers, brats, dogs, and chicken.  And so I had Amy pick up some country style pork ribs.  Stop drooling on your screen; that's gross.

Those who know me, already realize that I don't like using exact measurements.  That said, here is a list of ingredients for the rub I invented.  And to be honest, I did look at several rub recipes before I settled on this.  Feel free to steal this, alter it, ignore it--whatever.  I will say though, that I also made these for my wife's family while we were on vacation, and they ate 'em up (literally and figuratively).

- chili powder
- garlic powder
- salt
- black pepper
- cumin
- smoked paprika
- oregano (not much)
- brown sugar
- although I did't do it this time, I wanna try adding red pepper flakes

Refrigerate for a while before throwing them on the grill.  Allow the flavor to seep into the meat.
Trust me; it's better that way.


WARNING: Don't make too many, because you will end up eating them all!
The second time I made the rub, I spread it over five pounds of pork ribs.
Leftovers were amazing, especially with a side of Southern slaw.


Okay.  I admit that I slathered them with BBQ sauce toward the end of the grill session.
I left one without sauce, though.  It didn't need it.


Served with a side of grilled potatoes and onions.  Add watermelon.

I said to stop drooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.