30 April 2013

BBQ Anyone?

I suppose that I'll do one more post for the month of April.  That, and I'm stalling because I don't want to revise my research proposal.  Believe it or not, I think that with this post, I am finally making good on my promise of posting one food post for each day of December.  If I'm wrong, don't tell me.  I really don't care.  That said, I think that every so often I'll do another food bit...just for fun.  That is, if I can remember to take a picture of it.


For Sam's birthday, he wanted pizza.  Can't imagine where he ever got that idea.  So we made homemade crusts.  (I'm not posting that recipe, but whatever your favorite crust recipe is, it'll do.  You could even use one of those disgusting pre-made ones if that gets you salivating.)

1. Load the toppings as outlined:  Sauce--1 part pizza sauce to 2 parts BBQ-again of your choice (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory Smoke and Brown Sugar this time); shredded chicken (I like to season with black pepper); diced red onion; sliced black olives (not pictured, as we were out); tons of bacon bits; shredded smoked Gouda cheese (sometimes I mix in some mozzarella and cheddar).  I only top half of it with crazy delicious mushrooms because Amy won't eat them.  Add any other garnishes as you see fit: Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, etc.

2. Follow the crust baking instructions.  This recipe was for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

3. Savor.

4. Wish you had made another.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. Thanks to Eric and Marisa for introducing me to this idea back in Sac Town nine or so years ago.

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.