27 June 2011

More of a Bluish-White Than Anything

In one of my doctoral classes, we've been discussing/playing/analyzing different leadership styles and methods. Quite a bit of leadership depends on who you are as a person as well as understanding those foolish enough to follow you (hence my contentment for junior high. J/K).

Today we looked at The Color Code by Taylor Hartman. There are some books that explain the categorization of identifying your personality type, but here is the link to his website. We've all taken several different variations of these tests, perhaps you've taken the Hartman test, or the Meyers-Briggs assessment, or maybe just a self-made fortune teller on the bus ride to fifth grade.

In the past, I have usually been pretty equally balanced across the categories, colors, shapes, acronyms, whatever. Even back in 9
th grade when the counselors came in to help us determine what career path we should undertake, I was never dominant in one personality trait. Nothing ever really stuck out. By the way, the test results said I should be a clergyman, a middle school teacher, or a summer camp counselor. How'd'ya like them apples?

This morning, however, two of the Hartman colors sort of emerged from the other two, leaving them in the dust so to speak. The two-horse race labeled me as predominantly white, followed closely by blue, thus leaving my red and yellow selves somewhere in the past. Now, I don't believe all these things, as I do Miss Cleo and her tarot cards (remember her?), but it was interesting for me to ponder the way I see myself. And it made me wonder how others perceived me. So I ask you, my dear friends, a favor (yes, again), to help me with a little self-research.

Here is a link for a version of Hartman's test that doesn't have you create a profile with the website. Would you take a look, and while you take the test for yourself, shoot me a comment to let me know if you think I fit the bluish-white profile that I fell into today.

Here are a couple of descriptors I found about my particular combination. There are other more detailed interpretations. See if they fit. Also, if you can't find (online) how to analyze your score, let me know, and I'll send you another link.

Blues love to give of themselves to others. Intimacy, connecting, creating quality relationships and having purpose is what drives these people. Their natural gifts include quality and service. Blues can be counted on to be loyal, sincere, and thoughtful.

Whites are peacekeepers! Peace, or the absence of conflict, is what motivates a White. Clarity and tolerance are White gifts. Whites are also known for their qualities of kindness, adaptability, and patience.

If you are a Blue-White combination, you are comfortable. You express yourself softly and sincerely. Your personality is easy to read. People find you determined, yet flexible. You are someone with whom almost anyone can get along.

Is that me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.