14 February 2011

Epitaph

This is an epitaph that I started when my car Buddy died on a lonely, snowy road between Benjamin and Payson. I'm done mourning, but I thought I'd share:

Bad Boy Blue a.k.a. Buddy (Feb 1998-Dec 2009)

Across the country once and back,
Three sets of tires, three windshields cracked,
Carting scouts and fording rivers,
Enduring smells that give most shivers—
Only once a dropped transmission,
Faded paint, a faulty light, a visor missin’
Spills and splats and marshmallow stuff,
I’m sorry, Buddy, you were treated so rough(ly)
And even though your defroster never worked,
You eventually always got me from and to work,
To class, to meetings, to meet my wife (rrrr)
Buddy, you’ve been a major part of life
These past twelve years, and so, adieu,
Farewell, my friend, my Bad Boy Blue.

If any of you have a favorite memory of Buddy, please feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.