16 November 2009

I'm Bored

This was an off-the-cuff example while my student teacher was trying to get the students to "show" rather than "tell" their stories. The class example was to reconstruct the sentence "I was bored."

There are exactly 2137 holes in the ceiling tile above my desk in algebra. Or maybe there are 2139. I counted that many once one Friday when I really had to pee. Twice there were 2136—both on Mondays after three-day weekends. How do I know? I’ve counted them each day since 7th grade started. All I know is that counting hasn’t improved my math grade any.

Lately I’ve thought about adding a couple of my own, just to round it off nice and even. No. That would be too obvious. Mr. Cisneros would definitely notice if I started using pencils as javelins. And my goal here at Brookside Middle School is to remain invisible. So far it’s worked.

So, any ideas where to go from here? All ideas are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.