11 April 2022

Little Poems to Celebrate!

 I have been thinking how I wanted to celebrate National Poetry Month this year, and I told myself, "Self, we are not going to simply wallow into Poem in Your Pocket Day (April 29) and do nothing more." So I looked around through some old notes and I found these four little creations that I scribbled with my daughter on New Year's Eve 2019. Brooklyn wanted to write and draw with me before midnight, and this was the result. And somehow, they never found the light of day until now. We called our creations Cardboard and Crayon 'Ku. I joked about opening an Etsy shop. Maybe I still should. (Not really.)




Okay, no Etsy shop.

Whatever your poetic tolerance or potential (not directly correlative), take some time and celebrate a good poem today (not necessarily these). I'll be back later with something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.