12 September 2011

More Alliteration Fun

I've decide that every other Friday my class will play with words. It's a designated playtime in junior high. Some might argue against my logic, but if you want the proof, come to one of my presentations or ask me for the research.

Anyway, this past week we played with alliteration. Here are the off-the-cuff one-liner examples I did 6th period:

Barney burst the bratty baby’s balloon.

Baby’s big brother brained Barney with a baseball bat.

Bob bought baked bagel bites.

Bitter badgers bothered both Betty and Bubba.

Behave, or Buster the behemoth bulldog will bite your butt.

Bill barfed big bits of black and blue bologna and bacon.


And here is a quick five-minute thrown-together paragraph example:

Hefting his hairy heinie onto a heap of Hostess Ho-Hos, Harvey the humongous hamster hungrily helped himself. Hellbent on hoarding heaps for the hereafter, he hesitated for half a headshake before hurriedly hurling himself heavenward, hoping he’d helicopter higher. However, he high-dived and hit the hearth headfirst. Hungover, he could not halt the hacking and hawking of half the Ho-hos, hairballs and all.


This alliteration has been brought to you by the letter H and by my 20-sided letter die from Scattergories.

I'd like to see what you can do. Post an alliterative one-liner or two...or a whole paragraph if you feel so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.