03 August 2011

I'm NOT Writing about Vacation!

So you’d think that now that I am done with this (endless) summer semester, and now that I am free from grading papers for two weeks, that I’d actually have time to write something exciting or half-way interesting on my blog. Well, looks like we were both wrong.


You get stuck with me not writing about burning my leg on a motorcycle. This is also me not writing in detail about capsizing on a trip down the Provo River with my friend, who I hadn’t caused trouble with for many, many years. My solitary drives up the local canyons will stay trapped foe my five senses only. I’m also not going to chronicle watching RSL destroy San Jose or the road trip to Atlanta with Zac, my father-in-law, and my brother-in-law to sit through a rain delay only to end up losing to the Pirates. Nor am I going to complain about how much the World of Coca-Cola tour cost. And forget about me sharing the several trips to the beach with the family. It’s just not going to happen.


I have to save some material for when I write with my students in less than three weeks. Holy crap. There will not be any adequate pacing or zooming in on details or revision, or anything of the “what good writers do” practices until later. Maybe I’ll do another Dark Emily installation later. Any requests?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.