20 October 2010

Happy National Day on Writing!

Last year, to celebrate this special occasion, I started this blog. I've made a little progress, picked up a few confused disciples along the way, and I've even done a bit of writing.

This year, I'd like to submit one of my previous blog posts to the National Gallery on Writing. I'm asking you, my readers, to comment as to which piece you believe I should attempt to publish. Feel free to browse my past posts, or if you know of some other piece I've done in the past (or am currently working on) that you think is worthy to be published--or close enough--let me know.

Here are a few possibilities arranged chronologically backward:

20 Aug Bring It On!
18 Jul Swears and Voice
1 Mar Back-to-Back-to Back Donut Jack
14 Feb Valentine Splat!
16 Dec Low Brow
26 Oct "Quality Piece"
22 Oct Where Do I Write?


In the meantime, I'll be working on a few pieces with my students today, and I might post one or two over the course of the day. Or maybe my conscience might get to me and I'll be writing my part of a group presentation for tomorrow.

I look forward to hearing from you.

2 comments:

  1. I think the one that I most relate to is the one you wrote last year - "Where Do I Write" I might flesh out a bit more some of the places that you refer to, but I really enjoy and can actually see myself in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like "Where Do I Write?" too.

    We are having a writing circle today and we are starting Zombie Haiku in honor of the day.

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.