18 October 2013

It's That Time of Year Again!

Time for zombie haiku.  To kick off SFJH's 4th annual zombie haiku contest, I have penned ten new zombie haiku for your reading pleasure/disgust.  Please feel free to try your hand at this undead tradition by dropping a limb, I mean a line or three in the comments.

“let’s give her a hand”—
zombie’s attempt to find a
snack for his daughter

hand and foot in mouth
is a meal for young zombies
not another plague

watching The Walking
Dead reminds zombies of old
fam’ly videos

rude teenage rebel
learned painful lesson; she told
zombie, “Just bite me.”

zombie kids always
fight over the human prize
hiding in the box

philosophers turned
zombie are often tempted
to split their own skulls

refrigerated
remains are never as good
as fresh flesh served raw

intestinal tug-
of-war ends when zombies hit
the end of the line

when sunbathing near
zombies, be careful or else
more than skin might peel

the hunger games are
undeniably zombie’s
favorite pastime

1 comment:

  1. Addendum:

    brains wrapped in paper
    or plastic? fresh from your skull
    zombie decided

    ReplyDelete

I think I'll post a little writing every so often...some polished...some rough. And I welcome any comments or criticisms or cupcakes you care to throw my way.